Privacy and Cookies
Privacy & Cookies
Fair Processing Notice - How We Use Personal Information
1. Who we are
When we refer to “we”, “us” and “our” in this notice it means Samigail’s Handmade Personalised Gifts.
When we say, “individuals” in this notice, we mean anyone whose personal information we may collect, including:
• anyone purchasing a product from the website, Facebook, or Etsy
• anyone requesting a quotation for a custom made product to be drawn up and whose details are provided during the quotation process
• any customer who requires their purchase to be delivered to them
• any customer who provides their contact information and agrees to further contact from us
2. How we use personal information
We use personal information in the following ways:
• to purchases ordered by customers, to personalise orders as per the specification requested by the customer, provide quotes for custom makes and arrange delivery of orders purchased.
There is no obligation to provide us with personal information, but we cannot provide our products and services without it.
Anyone whose personal information we hold has the right to object to us using it. They can do this at any time by telling us and we will consider the request and either stop using their personal information or explain why we are not able to. Further details can be found below.
3. The personal information we collect
We collect the following types of personal information so we can complete the activities in section 2, “How we use personal information”:
• basic personal details such as name, age, date of birth and address
• family, lifestyle and social circumstances, such as marital status, dependants and employment type
• information as provided by the customer to personalise the product to specific requests
• business activities such as goods and services offered.
4. Where we collect personal information
Direct from individuals, their representatives or information they have made public, for example, on social media.
From other persons or organisations, for example:
• Etsy where a customer has placed an order
• Facebook where an order or request for a quote has taken place
6. Sharing personal information
We may share personal information with:
• Royal Mail on the packaging of your order or other delivery company where product is to be delivered
7. How long we keep personal information
We keep information only for as long as we need it to administer the sale or as required by law or contract.
8. Know your rights
Any individual whose personal information we hold has the right to:
• object to us processing it. We will either agree to stop processing or explain why we are unable to (the right to object)
• ask for a copy of their personal information we hold, subject to certain exemptions (a data subject access request)
• ask us to update or correct their personal information to ensure its accuracy (the right of rectification)
• ask us to delete their personal information from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose (the right to be forgotten)
• ask us to restrict the processing of their personal information in certain circumstances (the right of restriction)
• ask for a copy of their personal information, so it can be used for their own purposes (the right to data portability)
• complain if they feel their personal information has been mishandled. We encourage individuals to come to us in the first instance but they are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk
• ask us, at any time, to stop processing their personal information, if the processing is based only on individual consent (the right to withdraw consent).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us at: [email protected]
9. Changes to our Fair Processing Notice
Occasionally it may be necessary to make changes to this fair processing notice. When that happens we will provide an updated version at the earliest opportunity.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website.
This Website Will:
Remember what is in your shopping basket
Remember where you are in the order process
Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This Website Will:
Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
This Website Will:
Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (If available)
This website will not
Share any personal information with third parties.